If you’ve been touched by the wonder of this book and want to help make it available to others at a wider level, we invite you to participate in The Missy Project!
A team of us who have read and been touched by The Shack are convinced this book deserves a reading across the broadest reaches of our culture. Not only is this a compelling and provocative story, but it has a literary quality to it that distinguishes it as a special gift. It offers one of the most poignant views of God and how he relates to humanity that has been written in our time. It will not only encourage those who already know him but also engage those who have not yet recognized his work in their lives.
Film producers have already expressed interest in making this story into a movie for general theatrical release and will pursue that after a sufficient number of these books are in circulation. Word of mouth is still the most effective tool for a book like this to gain traction in the wider culture.
- If you are as taken with the message of this book as we are, you may already have some unique ideas as to how you can best let others know about it. Here are some ideas to help you about ways to let others know about this remarkable book.
- Post a promotional jpg on your website.
- Give the book to friends, even strangers, as a gift. They not only get a compelling page-turning thrill ride, but also an magnificent glimpse into the nature of God that is not often presented in our culture.
- If you have a website or blog, consider sharing a bit about the book and how it touched your life. Don’t give away the plot, but recommend that they read it as well and link to http://www.theshackbook.com.
- Write a book review for your local paper, favorite magazine or website you frequent. Ask your favorite radio show or podcast to have the author on as a guest. Media people often give more consideration to the requests of their listeners than the press releases of publicists.
- If you own a shop or business, consider putting a display of these books on your counter to resell to customers. We can make books available for resale in quantities as low as 10 at wholesale rates, so that you make some money as well as have an excellent discussion-starter on your counter.
- If you know of people (authors, speakers, etc.) who have a voice to the wider culture, ask them if they would review a copy and make it some comment on it in their website, newsletters, etc.
- Buy a set of books as gifts to battered women’s shelters, prisons, rehabilitation homes and the like where people might be really encouraged by the story and its message.
- Talk about the book on email lists you’re on, forums you frequent and other places you engage other people on the Internet. Don’t make it an advertisement, but share how this book impacted your life and offer people the link to The Shack website.
For up-to-date information and ideas on how you can help, please check back with The Missy Project at this website.